Qosmos ixEngine® is the de facto industry-standard for IP classification and metadata extraction based on DPI.
While some technologies are limited to identifying the application behind an IP flow, Qosmos ixEngine goes further to also extract protocol and application metadata. This enables developers to inject application-level insight into their solutions for complete visibility into network traffic in real time and a detailed understanding of network transactions and user behavior.
A series of optional modules is also available to shorten development cycles. These modules, such as a Rule Engine or a Deep File Inspection function, use the output data from classification and metadata extraction and apply further processing that would otherwise have to be built within the final application.
Designed with developers in mind, Qosmos ixEngine accelerates product development cycles. Ready-to-use software libraries and modules reduce costs and risks associated with developing and maintaining a highly complex technology internally. These include:
- C Libraries designed to be embedded into applications.
- 2700 protocol plugins, continuously supported and updated.
- 4500 application metadata extracted.
- Classification of networking protocols and applications based on flow pattern matching, bi-directional flow-correlation, heuristics, and statistical analysis.
- High recognition rate: ability to identify all layers from layer 2 to 7 in the OSI model.
- Ability to develop custom application plugins based on description.