The CoreLink DMC-500 Dynamic Memory Controller provides power-efficient access to LPDDR4 and LPDDR3 memory in mobile, consumer, and embedded designs. The DMC-500 supports dual AXI4 system interfaces and a single DFI 4.0 memory interface.
- Delivering best performance per watt for data transfers from SoC to memory.
- Best combination of features, power, cost, and performance.
- Fast, dual-port AXI4 system interface for transferring data to LPDDR4 and LPDDR3 DRAM memories.
|Maximum DDR speeds||LPDDR3-2133, LPDDR4-4267|
|Memory width||x32 LPDDR3, x16 LPDDR4, Dual-channel for x32 LPDDR4|
|Chip Selects (per channel)||2|
|QoS||QoS based scheduling algorithm, non-blocking paths to DRAM through CCI|
|Low power||All DRAM power modes are supported and hierarchical clock gating throughout the DMC|
CoreLink DMC-500 key features
System Optimized DMC with support for two AXI4 128-bit wide system interfaces
- One interface for channeling coherent traffic from CoreLink CCI-550 or CoreLink CCI-500 interconnect.
- One interface for supporting real-time or display, or other non-coherent traffic that demands a guaranteed maximum latency.
Single 128-bit wide DFI 4.0 memory interface
- Supporting x16 LPDDR4 up to DDR-4267 and x32 LPDDR3 up to DDR-2133 transfer, dual-DMC channel support for x32 LPDDR4.
- Support for clock gating, dynamic frequency change, and memory low-power modes for optimized power consumption.
- Integration-verified with industry-standard DFI-compatible DDR PHYs.
Integrated TrustZone Controller
- Enabling secure media path protection for Ultra-HD content from Mali multimedia to memory.
- QoS improvements over previous generation reducing average and maximum CPU latency.
- End-to-end QoS optimized with CCI-550 using QoSACCEPT protocol.
CoreLink DMC-500 Characteristics
CoreLink DMC-500 utilizes LPDDR4 which is the most advanced mobile memory technology available today. LPDDR4 lowers power consumption while accessing memory due to a narrower datapath, and improves the speed at which bits are transferred to-and-from memory. System-wide QoS designed and tested with CoreLink CCI-550, CoreLink CCI-500, Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A72 processors, and Mali GPU.
CoreLink DMC-500 Technical Reference Manual
For system designers, system integrators and programmers who are designing a SoC, the Technical Reference Manual is the go-to resource.DMC-500 TRM
AMBA 4 ACE Specification
CoreLink DMC-500 is built on the AMBA AXI4 specification, targeting high bandwidth, high clock frequency system designs.AMBA specs
Documents and blogs that will help users design Arm-based SoCs.
Get support with Arm training courses and design reviews. You can also open a support case or manage existing cases.Arm training courses Arm Design Reviews Open a support case
|Suggested answer||AHB-lite Slave Burst Operation||0 votes||253 views||2 replies||Latest 11 hours ago by eugch||Answer this|
|Answered||how to calculate unaligned address for APB?||0 votes||11062 views||8 replies||Latest 4 days ago by Colin Campbell||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||APB4 PSTRB||0 votes||315 views||1 replies||Latest 6 days ago by Colin Campbell||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||AHB Lite||0 votes||1344 views||1 replies||Latest 7 days ago by Colin Campbell||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||Porting to U-boot driver model and device tree control (for ARM-based design)||0 votes||2582 views||1 replies||Latest 13 days ago by rwl||Answer this|
|Not answered||Ulink pro debugging in custom SoC||0 votes||348 views||0 replies||Started 18 days ago by ronit||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||AHB-lite Slave Burst Operation Latest 11 hours ago by eugch||2 replies 253 views|
|Answered||how to calculate unaligned address for APB? Latest 4 days ago by Colin Campbell||8 replies 11062 views|
|Suggested answer||APB4 PSTRB Latest 6 days ago by Colin Campbell||1 replies 315 views|
|Suggested answer||AHB Lite Latest 7 days ago by Colin Campbell||1 replies 1344 views|
|Suggested answer||Porting to U-boot driver model and device tree control (for ARM-based design) Latest 13 days ago by rwl||1 replies 2582 views|
|Not answered||Ulink pro debugging in custom SoC Started 18 days ago by ronit||0 replies 348 views|